I made this for whoever wants a paella recipe and does not live around here or have the necessary ingredients or utensils.
Exceptionally, I explain it in English. Enjoy.
A paella recipe for the world and reddit
- 200 g of rice
- 2 thighs of chickens with their counter-thighs
- 2 chicken wings
- 2 ripe tomatoes, grated
- 1 handful of green beans
- 1 head of garlic
- 1 tablespoon sweet paprika
- 1 teaspoon of food coloring
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Put some oil in a paella or in a very big pan. If you do not have extra virgin olive, you can use another vegetable oil.
- With the chicken well chopped, add salt and pepper and fry it until golden brown.
- Then, add a head of peeled garlic.
- Fry for a few minutes and then add the green beans cut in big pieces.
- Once the chicken is well browned, add the paprika. After a few seconds, add the grated tomatoes. Let saute three or four minutes.
- Then, cover the chicken with water. Add some salt and yellow food coloring.
- Now we are going to let it boil for about 20 minutes. We are making the broth. We will need two and a half parts of broth for each part of rice. For two, you can go with 200 grams of rice, so half a litter of broth. You have to consider that you will lose some of the water during that process.
- You want a tasty clean broth, so, if impurities come out, remove them with a skimmer.
- 20 to 25 minutes have past and the broth is ready. Add the rice and you have to go with the flow, star with 8 minutes at high heat, and then, in the next 10 minutes you want the broth to dry out and the rice well cooked. If you go with to much heat, the broth will dry to soon and the rice will burn, If you go to low, the rice will absorb to much broth and it will be overcooked and you will lose a lot of texture.
- It requires practice, but the idea is that the base ends caramelizing, creating the classic sucarrat, a layer of toasted rice at the base. And this is it, lets go for it.
Tiempo de preparación: 55 minuto(s)
Tiempo de cocción: 35 minuto(s)
Número de comensales: 4
Arroz con cangrejos en paella
Todo empezó en 2007. Mi tío, que por entonces nos divertía con su blog «Desde Mi Cocina», me envío un vídeo de Robert Rodriguez. Resulta que el conocido director de cine, en los extras de sus DVDs incluía vídeo recetas. Se le veía en casa, preparando una cochinita pibil. Era un formato informal, directo y breve, pensé que algo parecido podría funcionar en youtube. Subí mi primer vídeo, una receta de tortilla de patatas, se hizo viral y aquí seguimos. Desde Tarragona, compartiendo recetas y experiencias gastronómicas de todo tipo.